Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1 - Mid-morning snack

I stopped by Trader Joe's on my way to errandland. I haven't given TJ's a hurricane name since it is already a trader and it already has a nautical theme. I am not sure if they should be counted as a real trading partner, since I do exchange money with them from time to time. But I did not do so today. The samples were free.
I stopped by the sample table, where they had laid out some very large pieces of toasted raisin bread with butter. I also had a small coffee with cream and sugar. Later, when I walked by, they had put out curried chicken salad. The lone piece of highly-yellow chicken rested on a tiny bed of leaves. The chicken was very cold, and also terribly hot. I hadn't expected all the pepper, and had a coughing fit, so I dashed into the pet aisle so I wouldn't cough all over everybody else's food.
I stopped by TJ's to check on the availability of grass-fed beef. This time, they had it in stock, but it was 6 dollars for a package, and it would take me over a week to save up enough money to buy it. I also checked the raisins. 3.6 days. I have some old home-canned grape juice in the pantry. It's not very sweet, but it will have to do for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment