Saturday, January 30, 2010

Trade Winds

I have a great group of trading partners. We trade all sorts of things like labor, food, advice, future compost, seeds, plants, books, clothing, and sometimes even the flu.
My trading partners aren’t wasteful (except the dumpsters). For the most part, they are a pretty frugal group. I think that most people don’t want to waste anything, it is just that they don’t always know what to do with the extra things in their lives. That’s why they give them to me. It is a way of rearranging all of the abundance.
Other trading partners are truly grateful for what I give to them, and so they repay me in kind.
Most of my trading partners do not know about the February Dollar a Day Challenge. If they stumble upon this and recognize a gift, they can identify themselves if they want to, but here I will only identify them by the pseudonyms I have assigned them. I will be using the designated names for the 2010 hurricane season.

No comments:

Post a Comment