Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day Excursion

It was very cold and wintery this afternoon, threatening rain. I felt a bit sorry for the farmer's market, since I have found that it is poorly attended when it is cold, so I decided to stop by and see what is new.
This was my first visit since the market changed location, and I'll tell ya, I was really happy to see how spacious it was, compared with the old location. The place was just crowded with lots of moms and strollers, plenty of toddlers munching on carrots and strawberries.
Now that I am not confined by the 100 miles, farther-away farm-fare looked pretty inviting. I picked up a very large avocado, a basket of crisp Oxnard cucumbers, a 3-pack of Oxnard strawberries, and a bag of Northern California raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment